RED DEER- Intro to Permaculture and Productive Pets Workshop, Honeybees
- About: Take your pick of a 2.5-day Intro to Permaculture with productive pets workshop, or the 1-day Productive Pets workshop Intro to Permaculture Format: 2.5-day seminar, 2.0 days theory, 0.5 day hands-on workshop (productive pets) This seminar is an introduction to the 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate course as designed and taught by Bill Mollison and Geoff Lawton. Trainer: Rene Michalak Registration: maximum 6 people per seminar Admission: $200 (includes Introduction to Permaculture manual, productive pets workshop (Sunday), lunch and coffee / tea with all contributions going to the Sustainable Red Deer Society to cover event costs) REGISTER BY CONTACTING RENE MICHALAK 403-986-7981 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: January 24th-26th, 2014
- Time: 9:00-5:00pm
- Location: TBA on registration
- Agenda: Friday (6:00pm – 9:00pm) : tour of the Urban Homestead in Oriole Park, introductions and a brief presentation and overview of Sat/Sun Saturday (9:00am – 5:00pm) : Check in – yoga stretch (coffee / tea), Welcome and review ground rules, Permaculture Prime Directive, Ethics and Principles, Concepts, Themes and Methods of Design Lunch Observation & Analysis, Zone and Sector Analysis Patterns and pattern recognition, Sunday (9:00am – 5:00pm)Productive Pets Workshop format: 0.5 day theory, 0.5 day hands-on workshop.
Want to Go to the Productive Pets Workshop ONLY? You can!
- Registration: maximum 12 people per workshop Admission: $75 (includes How to Build a Top-Bar Hive (TBH) instructions, lunch and coffee / tea with all contributions going to the Sustainable Red Deer Society to cover event costs) Sunday (9:00am – 5:00pm) : Check In – yoga stretch (coffee / tea), Productive Pets (theory) Lunch Afternoon workshop: Beekeeping: building a top-bar bee hive (January) Trainers: Eliese Watson – A.B.C Apiaries and Bees for Communities and Charity Briere – ReThink Red Deer
RED DEER- Level One Beekeeping Certificate, FEBRUARY
About: A.B.C is pleased to offer a Level One Beekeeping Certificate for hobbiest beekeepers in an urban and rural setting. The 16 hour intensive program will offer everything you need to know to begin beekeeping. The course is taught by Eliese Watson, founder of A.B.C. Travelling all-over North America teaching and mentoring under beekeepers such as Corwin Bell, Sam Comfort, and Kirk Anderson, Eliese has a wide knowldge of natural beekeeping practices with both TBH and langstroth equipment. Course includes lunch, snacks, textbook and resources.
- Date: February 1-2, 2014
- Time: 9:00am- 5:00pm each day
- Location: Purearth Organics, #12 5579-47th St. Red Deer
- Full Description: The Level One Beekeeping course covers all of the areas necessary to prepare you as a beekeeper. As a 16 hour intensive course, A.B.C covers the following topics: Honeybee Biology, Beginners Basics, Honey and Nectar Flow, Seasonal Management Practices for Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall (including swarms, splits, basic queen rearing concepts, honey harvesting), Honeybee Health, and IPM Techniques. As a student of this course work, you will leave with the knowledge that will guide you for the coming beekeeping season. The course uses the “Beekeeping in Western Canada” textbook and with a custom A.B.C workbook companion and resources. This allows for you to easily review the material learned throughout the course and return to it when needed.
- Odds and Sods: Please your own note book pen, water bottle and coffee mug! Everything else will be provided for.
- Unit Price: $280.00 Register here